Rad Power Bikes, a Seattle-based direct-to-consumer electric bike company, has expanded its business with the formation of a new Commercial Division to provide sustainable transportation and last-mile delivery solutions for commercial customers including logistics and delivery companies, courier services, and fleets for corporate campuses and universities.
The company also also introduced its newest electric bike model, the RadBurro electric cargo trike that is designed to meet the requirements of the commercial delivery market for transporting goods in congested urban landscapes.
“The creation of a new Commercial Division represents a pragmatic and exciting step forward for our business,” said Mike Radenbaugh, CEO of Rad Power Bikes. “There is a tremendous market need for last-mile transportation and fulfillment alternatives due to the explosion of e-commerce, the rise of urban centres, and the ever-increasing demand for same-day deliveries to high-density residential areas."
Rad Power Bikes commercial division focuses on four specific initiatives:
- Logistics: Rad Power Bikes’s fleet of electric vehicles are purpose-built to meet the demands of business, addressing many of the logistics industry’s most pressing issues by enhancing operational efficiency, improving fulfillment and delivery timelines, and reducing the cost and waste associated with traditional fulfillment methods.
- Corporate Campus: By adding ebikes from Rad Power Bikes to their campus transportation options, firms can increase staff mobility, boost employee energy levels and morale, and lower their organization’s carbon footprint.
- Rental Fleets: Rental bikes from Rad Power Bikes increase revenue potential for bike rental and tour operators, by offering a new and unique experience to rental customers, and by expanding the customer base to include riders of all fitness levels.
- Delivery: The company's RadWagon, RadCity and RadBurro offer courier and delivery companies an ecofriendly delivery option to get more done in less time without the need for a major investment in a car, truck or other expensive fleet equipment.
The company suggests that ebikes can be a fleet option for many other types of organizations, including:
- Law enforcement
- Park staff
- Golf course maintenance staff
- College and university staff and students.