Ford today opens its website for those customers looking to learn more about the company’s first-ever full-size electric van ahead of order banks opening in July. Along with the registration site, E-Transit has updated pricing, with a targeted starting MSRP of $C 57,925 for the base cutaway model.

E-Transit is an electrified version of Ford Transit. It will be built alongside the Transit at Ford’s Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri. With a usable battery capacity of 67 kilowatt-hours, the low-roof E-Transit cargo van will deliver an estimated range of 202 kilometres.

The E-Transit offers fleet customers eight configurations, including cargo van with three roof heights and three lengths, plus chassis cab and cutaway models, lending itself to a wide array of applications. Ford says preliminary conversations with commercial customers indicated a healthy mix for demand across all eight configurations, with roughly 40 per cent leaning toward high-roof vans, while the remaining 60 per cent point to medium-roof, low-roof, cutaway and chassis cab versions.

Ford said in a press release that internal data shows early order indicators favour the delivery segment – ranging from wholesale goods to packages, groceries to replacement parts – with many other vocations in the hand-raisers group taking advantage of E-Transit versatility. These include equipment rental; local, and federal government agencies; utility services; and telecommunications.

Customers can sign up at the new E-Transit registration site on Fleet.Ford.ca to review the targeted starting MSRP of $C 57,9252 for Base Cutaway Model. Customers can also indicate their desired versions and receive the latest news on E-Transit, including notification when order banks open.  No deposit or purchase commitment is required.

0
0
0
s2sdefault
© 2021 First XV. All rights reserved.