Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) started this year as it ended the last one - with continued momentum for electrified vehicle sales and a record 2,721 units sold in January.
For the month, hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric and fuel-cell electric vehicle sales accounted for 23% of TCI’s total sales, led by the only-available-in-hybrid-electric Toyota Sienna and Venza, as well as the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Highlander Hybrid, and RX Hybrid.
TCI reported overall sales of 11,833 vehicles for the month, down 13.6% compared to the same period last year.
Additional January Highlights:
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid sales of 308 units, up 440.4% (new January record)
- Toyota Sienna sales of 751 units, up 109.2%
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid sales of 748 units, up 32.6% (new January record)
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 668 units, up 30.2% (new January record)
- Lexus IS sales of 115 units, up 30.7%